On the 2017 International Day of Families, Jane: Defender of truth, justice & fairness: Protector of the Innocent commenced an exciting new path for the world to follow.
Although more people are daring to speak about sexual assault and changes are being made slowly we see daily the increase of violence against men, women and children, it is time to change the current system because it is not effective.
Without us all working together, sexual predators are, without doubt, going to repeat their crimes again and again.
The enemy of innocence are predators.
The Defenders of Truth, Justice and Fairness (#dotJane) campaign
That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality
In any case where there is two different views of the same event a third party may have to determine which one is telling the truth that is the whole truth. For example an accuser says consent was not given and the accused said was given.
There are many views that are considered by some people to be true but they are not. For example one myth says that a woman who is raped cannot become pregnant. Myths and Misconceptions are still prevalent in society and are often used to defend predators’ actions, or make a victim to feel the need to be silent and not speak to anyone about the traumatic event. For example “It is your fault because…!”
There are several forms of Justice
- Restorative Justice
- Victims take an active role in the process and offenders are to take responsibility for their actions. It is a theory of justice that considers the case to be an offence against an individual or community rather than the state. It is believed by some that the interaction between victim and offender shows the highest rates of victim satisfaction and offender accountability.
- Criminal Justice
- The criminal justice system plays a huge role throughout society in any place but it varies worldwide. Some aim to "reduce crime by bringing more offences to justice, and to raise public confidence that the system is fair and will deliver for the law-abiding citizen." Others aim to balance the goals of crime control and prevention, and justice (equity, fairness, protection of individual rights). Some aim to reduce crime and increase the security of the people and simply want to keep the society functioning well and protect every person's rights criminal justice.
- Jane's Belief.
- Jane believes that it is every person’s right to live their life free of criminal violence and when such violence occurs it is their right to receive compassionate, professional assistance in their recovery and full redress for the crime through the criminal justice system and that individuals are always protected by the law.
Laws that do not protect everyone equally are not fair and must be changed.
Innocents (specific to Jane’s mission)
Victims of sexual assault, abuse and or family violence regardless of race, colour, features, dress, gender, or age.
The enemy of innocents are predators.
The Protectors of the Innocent Campaign is supported by the Defenders of Truth (#dotJane)
It is also supported by anyone, in any country, who Support us and agree to be Protectors of Innocents and help us coordinate changes needed to protect all persons from sexual predators.
- To ensure Truth, Justice, Fairness is available to Innocents
- To provide knowledge to educate Society of the danger of becoming a victim and, or how to best help any person that has become a victim of Family Abuse and or Sexual Violence
- To educate society, government, government agencies, law-makers and the Judiciary so that unfair laws be changed and untruths removed.
- To coordinate community and government Responses to Family Abuse and Sexual Violence
- To demonstrate and to make public, the facts and destroy myths and misconceptions about sexual assault
- Work closely with Government and government Agencies
- To provide absolute security and strict confidence to persons seeking advice.
- To help “silent” victims to become empowered because Silence is the friend of predators
- Question everything
THIS MAJOR PROJECT NEEDS YOUR HELP
This work depends on volunteers, defenders, protectors, associates and researchers to help us. If you would like to share your time, just let me know using the form below, and I will ask our various coordinators to get in touch.
Please also use this form if you would like to be a SPONSOR
If you would like to support us financially Supporter's Contribution