Mother's Day is celebrated in many countries throughout the world on the second Sunday in May but why protect a mother?
This year Mother’s Day is on 12 May 2019
Mother's Day is not just about children and their mother but it is a day when the world shows their respect for mothers everywhere. Without mothers we will run out of people. Unfortunately, many countries are running out of mothers because people are living longer and women are having less children.
Japan is running out of Japanese people and many other countries are worried.
People are living longer due to good medicine and good lifestyle but because young people are not getting married or those that are married are having no children or just one. This means not enough new children and the population is getting older.
Japan has already reached the point where their race is declining and worldwide the lack of young people is seeing increased retirement age, increased migration, & robot and AI devices already taking jobs. China forced the one child policy 40 years ago and recently modified this to two per family because although the intention to reduce the expanding population was successful, they may have gone too far.
On this day, people in Japan give carnations as a way of saying "thank you" to their “mothers”, who raised them with loving care. Worldwide the focus is on children and their mother. But we need to protect a mother.
Not everyone is safe and some mothers need help urgently
Do you know that so many mothers and females regardless of age suffer terribly?
- Intimate partner abuse (particularly Domestic Violence) applies to so many regardless of gender, age, but women suffer more. Many are killed, others are bashed unconscious, and fetus's injured.
- An average of 137 women across the world are killed by a partner or family member every day, according to new data released by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
- The new UNODC report suggests that a large share of violence against women is "widely under reported to authorities and that a large share of such violence is hidden".
- Children in institutions are abused.
- Research has found many young girls sexually abused by one or both parents
- Teenagers in intimate relationships experience violence
- 1 in 3 University Students report sexual harassment
The World is running out of mothers
We will outline how we plan to protect a mother after Mothers Day. Not just one mother but all those in dangerous situations. If you want to protect mothers or anyone in danger readINDEX FOR ARTICLES ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE